Hilbrand of Final Builds Site says:
I have developed an installer which offers Internet Explorer using visitors the easiest possible way to download and view that website in a good browser like Mozilla Firefox, while they’ll see the content of the website unstyled (or not at all, if you prefer) with a message to run the program if the visitor wants to be able to use all functionality of the website.
Mozilla FirefoxS (Mozilla Firefox Silent Setup) – http://finalbuilds.edskes.net/firefox.htm – is a small multilingual utility which automatically downloads and installs the latest version of Mozilla Firefox, and then immediately opens one or more websites.
– FirefoxS doesn’t ask the user difficult questions, doesn’t show technical information and gives no complicated error messages
– FirefoxS supports both 32-bit and 64-bit versions (if available) of Microsoft Windows 98, 98 SE, ME, NT 4.0, 2000, XP, 2003, 2008 and Vista
– FirefoxS can be started from Internet Explorer 1.0 through 8.0
– FirefoxS works even under the most restricted user accounts: if the rights of the user running FirefoxS are not sufficient enough Firefox won’t be installed, but only extracted to a temporary directory. Because FirefoxS opens the website(s) directly, the user won’t notice the difference
– FirefoxS can open the website(s) immediately in the desired language
The greatest feature of FirefoxS is that it doesn’t only install Mozilla Firefox, but also can immediately open websites in it. This feature, combined with that FirefoxS even works under the most restricted user accounts (so you know it’ll work for everyone), allows webmasters to easily REQUIRE Mozilla Firefox (or any other good browser) in order to view their website by including FirefoxS on it (so they no longer have to waste hours and hours on problems which only occur in non standard compliant browsers like IE), while they can decide if they target all versions of Internet Explorer or only older ones (for example Internet Explorer 1.0 through 6.0).
When a website which includes FirefoxS is visited with a non standard compliant browser like Internet Explorer the following happens:
– The user visits a website with a non standard compliant browser (in which the website doesn’t work or look right)
– The website asks the user to start FirefoxS
– Mozilla Firefox is installed automatically and opens the website in Mozilla Firefox, so the website looks and works exactly as intended by the webmaster
Example website: http://orgel.edskes.net/ –Hilbrand Edskes